About Berkeley Acupuncture
The Berkeley Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine Clinic was established by acupuncturist, Nancy Rakela,
OMD, LAc. in Berkeley in 1985. Our clinic was the one of the first alternative health clinics
in West Berkeley.
Nancy is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine and a licensed acupuncturist specializing in pain, allergies and sensitivities
and fertility and infertility.
- UC Berkeley, BA Religious Studies
- American College of Traditional Chinese
Medicine, San Francisco, 1985
- Diplomate with the National Commission of the Certification
of Acupuncturists since 1985.
- Post graduate program in Guangzhou, China, advanced training in women's health and fertility treatment, 1986
- Doctorate of Oriental Medicine, Hong Kong's Postgraduate Institute of Oriental Medicine, 1988
- Diplomate of the National Board of Acupuncture
Orthopedic with a specialty in Acupuncture Orthopedics, 1992
- American Acupuncture Association, California
- Society of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, and Open Pathways formerly
Resolve of Northern California
For more information, please see her full biography.